Graduate Admissions

Doctoral Program for Int'l Students Sponsored by the Chinese Government

The application deadlines have passed. Information on this page will be updated in October 2020.

Applicants Applying to 8 Departments Below May Refer to the Following Admissions Guidelines.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Division of Department of
Mathematics and Informatics Applied and Cognitive Informatics
Earth and Environmental Sciences Environmental Remote Sensing
Urban Environment Systems
Advanced Science and Engineering Materials Science
Creative Engineering Imaging Sciences
Fundamental Engineering Mechanical Engineering
Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Subject to terms and conditions as provided in the outlines below, Chiba University accepts international students whom the Chinese government sponsors through the Chinese Government Graduate Student Overseas Study Program (国家建設高水平大学公波研究生項目) operated by the China Scholarship Council (CGOP).

Application Eligibility

The applicant must currently be enrolled in and recommended by a university in China that has an inter-university or inter-departmental academic exchange agreement with Chiba University and must be a candidate to receive a scholarship as a CGOP student.
Only those who fulfill the condition mentioned above as well as others written in the guidelines below can apply for this program.

Admission Guidelines

You should read the guidelines below to make sure that you meet the eligibility for the application. Next you need to contact the prospective supervising professor of your research field in order to receive his/her pre-approval of your intention to apply for this program, and then you can write his/her name on the application forms.

*The guidelines downloadable as a PDF file for this program may not be provided as the booklet (paper medium) in print.

Application Forms

Please download and use the forms for application and submit with other required documents. Paper application only should be available.

Faculty Members List

Please open the PDF file below to find out the names of the faculty members and research fields each department at our school.

Contact Information

Graduate Student Affairs Unit
Student Affairs Division for Science and Engineering
Chiba University
Address: 1-33 Yayoi-cho Inage-ku Chiba Chiba 263-8522 Japan
Phone: 043-290-3885 or 3887
From overseas: +81-43-290-3885